Friday, November 9, 2007

What not to say to a Woman

So I'm at my doctor's appointment this week wanting to avoid at all cost stepping on the dreaded scale. I removed my shoes, purse, and wore a light weight dress and removed anything I could think of that might change the outcome of the dreaded weight gain. The nurse looked at me smiled and kept inching over the scale. Her comment to me "Wow you've had a substantial weight gain this month!" I smiled and went on with my day.

Next I went to the mall for a quick run to gymboree to get me excited about having a girl-yes it's somewhat official. The doctor did a quick check when I was only 17 weeks but the ultrasound tech had to reschedule. So my next ultrasound is next friday when I'll be 24 weeks and then it will be absolute. Anyways, so I was walking past those annoying people in the keosks that will say anything to get your attention. Well one man looked at me and said "I noticed those dark circles under your eyes, do you use anything to help with that? Again I smiled ignored the comment and went on with my day.

Today I was at Walmart returning something when the cashier looked at me and said "how do you get the top of your head so dark when the tips are so blonde?" The sad thing is she was actually asking a question but I just looked at her and smiled and said "oh my roots yeah, they need to be done."

So basically my experience from the past two days is that apparently I'm fat, I look tired with dark circles, and my roots are so bad that it's looking like I intentionally want two completely different hair colors on my head. Now that I'm feeling really good about my appearance I think I'll go to bed Good Night!!

10 comments:

Brooke said...

Amber- I am so sorry. People are just so stupid sometimes. Really, why would you ever say those things? Just remember you are pregnant, you are supposed to gain weight and be tired. And you can always fix your hair! Love you.

susan bunker said...

Amber, just last week you were New York with an incredable body! If you can't remember look at the pictures. Ignore the stupid people!! You are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

amby, i was cracking up at your post! can you believe what people will say?! anyways, i am sure i am beating you in the weight gain department, so that should make you feel a little better.:)

Miller Family said...

I am so excited to hear you're having a girl! I have no doubt you are "glowing."

courtni said...

haha - you're beautiful, I don't feel that bad for you!! you're HOT, and you're having a GIRLIE!!!! congrats!!! so exciting!!!

Jamie said...

People are sooooooooooo annoying!!! You are absolutely gorgeous ALL the time and have nothing to worry about! HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO...........AGAIN news I'm learning on the blog that you should be calling me about!!! IT'S A GIRL?! WOO HOO! I LOVE girls! Congrats!

Libby said...

Oh my goodness! People are so rude! The nerve of that nurse! I am sure you look wonderful...especially since you are having a girl :)! Congrats!! Oh the bows you can buy!!

Ashley Gaskell said...

um...dont worry, when i was pregnant (both times) amytime i went anywhere people would say "oh, you look so tired! are you ok?!"...even if i wasnt at all! so i would just lie and say "oh ya, i was up all night, its been a rough pregnancy" all with a smile! people just need to keep their mouths shut unless its something nice!!

Laura said...

Amber I love your narrations! you're so expressive! congrats on the girl! don't you love being pregnant and then having people make all sorts of absurd comments. I've actually banned our local walmart here in buffalo because I went there yesterday (for the first time in a year) and when I smiled and put my 5 items on the counter at the check out stand the woman working looked at me and said, "lady - I'm closed!" I was so shocked at how rude she was I think I just stared at her before removing my things, going to the next check out lane and watching her stare into space for the next 5 minutes!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

At least you are pregnant and have a better excuse for the weight gain than "being a newlywed!!" If you get time, can you do a "Scott update?"
You guys have been in our prayers everynight since we heard, but apparently news travels rather slow to Midvale!

Things Landon loves

  • Rocky
  • running not walking
  • vienna sausages
  • head butting
  • tooth brushes