Sunday, November 18, 2007

More Shocking News

So today as I've finally had a chance to recollect all the events over the past week that have taken place it finally hit me how incredibly grateful I am for my husband. The surgeon came in to speak to me and Scott today in preparation for his discharge and told us a few things, that have been a little hard to swallow. I think it has taken me this long to realize the seriousness of the situation and how close I really came to losing my husband and best friend. The surgeon told us that 90% of all people with untreated spleen injuries die within 1 week of their injury. Also that if he had been under the age of 2 or over the age of 50 he wouldn't of survived this much internal bleeding. This just got me thinking how incredibly grateful that Scott listened to the voice he heard that told him to get out of the way that prevented Landon from being kicked. He literally turned around just in time for the horse to kick his back side completely bypassing Landon all together. Finally, he told us that Scott's spleen was leaking blood like a hose and that if he hadn't received treatment that night he wouldn't of survived. At the time when all this happened it was a strange surreal experience. I knew it was serious but I never realized the depth of the situation. Here I am 6 months pregnant and to think I almost lost my spouse and the father of my soon to be two children. I am truly in a stupor of thought. Thank goodness for blessings and miracles.

8 comments:

Michele Anderson said...

Ambie
I am shocked to hear about Scottie's accident and grateful that he is still here with us. You have experienced your share of trials this past year and my thoughts and prayers have been with you. Tell my sweet Scottie Bottie how much I love him and am looking forward to seeing him during the holidays. I love you, Aunt Shelly

kristenlucy said...

amber,
that just made me teary. i have to say, i had no idea how bad all of this was. we love you guys!!

p.s. you are already 6 months prego? craziness!!

Lindsay said...

It's amazing the way the Lord protects us and guides us. We are glad he is doing better.

Anonymous said...

we're so glad scott is okay!!! how scary! we love you!!

7 Baldwin's said...

Holy cow! We just wanted to send our love and hope of a speedy recovery for Scott!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Scott is tough and now you know how tough he is. What a blessing.

How is your quilt coming along?

Laura said...

amber....you are so blessed! I hope that scott recovers ok....we'll be thinking about you and your sweet family.

Dave & Jada said...

I saw your blog on the Baldwins and thought I would step over. I went to your reception although I know you would not remember. My Husband and his family grew up with Scott and we heard bits and pieces of the story. I am glad I have the true version and Scott is doing better. What a scare for you and your whole family. I hope you and your new little one are doing well.
Jada

Things Landon loves

  • Rocky
  • running not walking
  • vienna sausages
  • head butting
  • tooth brushes