Sunday, April 27, 2008

Presley Bre






Okay, so I've decided I'm the worst blogger. Major events have taken place these last couple months and I haven't even made it a priority to write about it. What kind of mother am I? The first and foremost being the birth of our beautiful daughter Presley Bre Stewart.
She came a day before her due date on March 10 at 4:12 in the afternoon. I was scheduled for an inducement a week earlier but had begged my doctor to let me go another week to do it natural. I had been induced with Landon and decided that going from a 1 to a 10 in one day was just too long and painful. So a couple days before my next inducement I started having contractions in the middle night. I woke up around 5:30 a.m. a bit more uncomfortable and started timing them. They were random but were still coming with each one lasting a little longer. I woke Scott up and told him that I thought today might be the day. I got up and showered and had several strong ones a few minutes apart. After timing them for over an hour I decided to call my doctor. With it being so close to my due date they told me to go to the hospital. I still doubted that I was in labor and of coarse the entire car ride to the hospital I didn't have any. We arrived to the hospital around 11:00. When I arrived they put me in triage and hooked me up to a monitor for an hour to see my contractions and to watch the baby's heart rate. They were ranging from 3 minutes to five minutes with varying degrees of intensity. They then checked me and told me I was a 1 and about 60% effaced. With that they called my doctor and had me walk around for an hour. My amazing mother was there by my side along with my husband and we walked around Summerlin hospital. It was embarrassing when we walked around the outside and I would lean up against a wall during a strong contraction as people were walking by. Isn't it funny that at a time like that you're still caring about what you look like to others? Finally we came back and the nurse checked me and said I was still a 1. After a little stretching she said I was a 3 and I would be admitted. Was that too much info? Anyways, my contractions grew stronger and lasted longer and around 2:00 I was a 5 and I received the beloved epidural. By that time we had visitors and we thought things would slow down and it wouldn't be until that night. I told the nurse that with Landon I went from a 4 to a 10 in 30 minutes and that she should call my doctor. Well around 3:30 I was an 8 and by 3:45 the baby was in position and I was completely effaced and a 10 with no doctor in sight. The nurse said not to worry but that she was capable of delivering my baby if the doc didn't make it. Was that supposed to be comforting news? My doc had went home even though she knew I was far but didn't think I would go as fast. So basically to make a long story even longer she made it and Presley came out with only a few pushes. She is beautiful and is everything we expected and more. She has dark hair and what looks to be blue eyes. She weighed 6 lbs 15 oz. and her length was 19 inches. Her heart rate had decelerated a few times and the cord was around her neck but thankfully she came out and was fine. As for me not so much. I had a complication with my placenta where it wouldn't detach from my uterus. The doc spent a good 45 minutes scraping out chunks until finally I had to have a DNC. All in all everything went pretty good thanks to a priesthood blessing given to me by my husband and father-in-law. Thank goodness for those!
Anyways, sorry for the long version but I'd like to remember all the painful details so when my kids act out I can remind them everything I went through to bring them here. Here are a few pics.
Also Landon turned 2 back in February. My little guy deserves a huge shout out for being such a big helper and awesome big brother. He is my pride and joy. I can't believe how much our love has expanded!! We are so lucky!!

10 comments:

Adam, Carrie and Noah said...

Your pictures are so darling!! What a beautiful little girl. And I can't believe how awesome you look while in the hospital!luv u-carrie

Jamie Lynn said...

It's about time we all see some pictures of that beautiful little one of yours! She's gorgeous and all the pics are so cute! I'm so glad Landon gets to big a big brother and you get to have a little girl to dress up! ;) Love you! Give those two a big kiss for me!

Lindsay said...

You have such a cute family. We just love you guys!

Brooke said...

Yay! I am SO excited to see her! She is beautiful. Glad things are going well.

chelsie said...

she is beautiful! I love hearing stories about labor - believe it or not, that is by far my favorite part!

susan bunker said...

amber- she is a beauty! you all look great, glad those first 6 weeks are past you! love you guys!

michelle said...

Yeah, Amber is back in the blogging world. So glad to see the cute pictures of my newest grandbaby. She is soooo cute. Can't wait to hold her again. Love ya

Anonymous said...

hooray for a new post!! :)

Jacob and Lindsay Burt said...

LOOVE the pictures of the new doll! I just want to hold her! You have two beautiful children! And we love you guys!

Brittney G. said...

She is adorable! Thank you for sharing, I have been dying to see her. Glad to hear you are all doing well. I have 6 weeks left until our other little girl is here and then we will need to get together!

Things Landon loves

  • Rocky
  • running not walking
  • vienna sausages
  • head butting
  • tooth brushes