Sunday, February 24, 2008

An update

Okay, so I've been totally pathetic lately and haven't posted since our nightmare back in November. Scott is recovering great and is back to his normal healthy self. I on the other hand am getting rather large and will hopefully be having this little gal this Thursday assuming I don't chicken out for the induction. Landon just had his second birthday this past week and is into everything. He is obsessed with the movie cars and his new favorite phrase is "No Way." So to make an honest effort into blogging again I decided to start with a tag. I've been tagged by so many of my friends including my little niece and I have never responded so here goes:

Some things you may not know about me or may not even care to know:

#1 One of things I hate most in this world is ironing. If you ask my husband I honestly have maybe ironed two things for him in the past five years of our marriage. I usually just try to lay my clothes really flat when they are wet so that they will dry without any wrinkles. Pathetic huh?

#2 Two singers I cannot even stand to listen to ,and I know I will offend some people, are Alicia Keys and Beyonce. They seriously bother me so much! That song "No one, no one can get in the way of what I'm feeling" makes me want to throw up with her huge hair in the video. Sorry to all their fans!

#3 I am obsessed with chewing gum and smacking it. I know this offends so many people but I honestly love to have bubble gum and smack it. My mother is exactly the same way and if we both get together I'm sure we're quite annoying to be around. I obviously don't do it in places where you are supposed to be quiet but everywhere else is game.

#4 I have a habit that I have done since I was a baby and that is that I rub my index finger over my mouth back and forth. I never sucked my thumb but I still catch myself doing this. It was really bad at college when I would study and I would say it has definitely gotten better but it will be something that will never go away. My brother does something similar and he's 28 so I don't see this as something I will grow out of.

#5 I have to say that I think of myself as a fairly easy going person and that there's not alot of things that really get to me. However, there are a couple huge exceptions that make it on my list of biggest pet peeves. One being that I cannot stand when people cut their fingernails in church. This bothers my husband and I so much that I would love to tell my brother-in-law, who is the bishop of our ward, to announce over the pulpit that it is not only extremely disrespectful but also very disgusting. I think the sound is just something I cannot ignore. The sad thing is I would say that at least once a Sunday I can hear people doing this notty habit. I'm sorry if I sound like a brat but that's how I feel. My number two pet peeve is teeth brushing. I brush mine a minimum of twice a day and always before I go out somewhere. This was just how I was raised and thought that this was the way everyone did it. I realized this isn't true for the majority of people including my own special husband. Luckily I've already been teaching Landon good hygiene skills so hopefully he'll take after his Mommy.

#6 When I reach about 7 1/2 months pregnant I begin snoring. Not just little stuffy nose cute snoring but loud obnoxious snoring that makes my husband want to sleep on the couch. I am normally a completely quiet sleeper but I noticed this habit develop with Landon and it has manifested itself again with this pregnancy. Oh well, only 4 more days of embarrassment and then back to peaceful sleeping right?

#7 I still occasionally watch the soap opera "The Young and the Restless." I started watching it when I was in the sixth grade and I have somewhat remained faithful even though I know it's ridiculous.

#8 I am a lover of all things chocolate and any food that is basically bad for you. I'm really not a picky eater at all. I wish I was.

Well that's about it. I can't think of any more boring facts about me. I'll try to do a couple more posts before this baby but we'll see how everything goes.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank goodness you updated! i was seriously going to get the password to your blog and update it for you! okay, seriously, cutting your nails in church? that would bug me/gross me out too! also, i'm with you on beyonce, but i DO like alicia keys song no way (however, i haven't seen the video). anyways, hopefully it won't be 4 MONTHS until your next post!
p.s. did my blog say 11 days? that's weird. i just looked this morning and it said 41 days....i WISH it was 11!! :) love you.

Adam, Carrie and Noah said...

Hooray for a new post!! Lance told me the other day that the primary chorister makes everyone, including adults/teachers spit out their gum during singing time! How annoying!
I'm so excited to meet your new addition!luv-carrie

Miller Family said...

Hoorah! I thought you feel off the blogging planet for a minute there. Nice to have you back. i can't wait to see the baby! Please please please post some pics for us!

Lindsay said...

I am laughing out loud reaing about th snoring. :) heh heh heh I am so excited for the baby! It will be fun.

Jacob and Lindsay Burt said...

OK-sick about the fingernails! SICK! I totally agree. I hear that sound and I start to get nauseated! So, glad that you updated. Can't wait to meet the little doll this week. Best of luck with the induction. Love ya! Lindsay

Jamie Lynn said...

Hey, I'll take all the boring facts you can come up with if it means you keep up with your blog! Now we just need some pics of your way cute nursery!!!!!!! By the way....totally grossed out by the nail clipping in church too......who would do that?! EWW! The Alicia Keys and Beyonce thing runs in the family, I can't STAND them!

Nanette Merrill said...

Such cute pictures. Landon is growing up and is such a big boy. We're really excited for your new baby girl and give you best wishes for an easy delivery. We are going to see Brent and Michelle later this month. So I'm sure they'll have pictures by then but you'll have to post pictures of your new daughter on your blog, too. Its fun to read all the things about you. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie said...

You crack me up. You totally made my night! You need to move sides of the chapel...no fingernail cutting on "our side." Can't wait to hold that baby! Oh, and I'm still watching Days of Our Lives, so don't feel alone in the world of pathetic.

Baldwin Fam said...

Ok, so am I completely oblivious to the finger clipping in church?! I've never even noticed someone doing that? Gross.

courtni said...

i love you and your mouth twirling - I can see it so clearly, sorry about your nov. trauma. Wow, so so scary, I'm so glad everything's ok - what's new with the bump?!! let's see it ambular

Debbie Freeman said...

I scared Bailee one night with my snoring. She was scared by the noise and headed for our room and realized the hideous noise was coming from our room. Stinks when your Mom is the scary thing in the bed. Fortunately my snoring also stops when I am no longer pregnant. I often woke myself up because mine was so loud. Just wanted you to know you are not alone!!

Kelly said...

So can you believe that our 2 little boys are two? Its going by so fast. We miss seeing Landon in the hallway during sacrament, Jordan doesnt have anyone to play with when I take him out every 5 min.

audrey said...

where are pix of your baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Nicole said...

Hey, Amber, I don't know if you remember me because I don't think I've seen you since high school! I came across your blog, though and thought I would say hi. I actually think that I saw you in church a few weeks ago walking down the hall, but I wasn't sure! I just started going to the Elkhorn Spring 2nd Ward. Anyway! I just read about your husbands accident. I hope that things are okay and that he has recovered with little or no problems! If that was you at church, I'll be sure to say hi next time I see you. . .if you even have a clue who I am! Haha!

Nicole Doane (used to be Taylor)

Things Landon loves

  • Rocky
  • running not walking
  • vienna sausages
  • head butting
  • tooth brushes