Thursday, June 7, 2007

Hand Foot and Mouth Disease



So a while ago Landon had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease ever heard of it? And no it's not hoof disease! Well basically it is a virus that spreads through germ carrying children that causes nasty sores. The only place I can think he got it is the gym day care-last time I take him there. Landon had a temperature for five days and ended up getting the flu. He lost almost 2 pounds and wound't eat or drink anything because of the sores in his mouth. My poor little guy. Does anyone else have to hold down their child like this to give them medicine? The doctor told us that if we didn't force fluids and we couldn't get him to drink we'd have to get to the E.R. so thanks to the priesthood, Landon had a blessing and we were able to force fluid down him. He wouldn't even drink his milkshakes.


3 comments:

Heather said...

Hi, I hope you don't mind me leaving a comment on your blog. I am a friend of Jamie's, and we were in her wedding together. Anyways, my daughter had this same thing awhile ago and it was seriously one of the worst things ever. I feel for you. I hope the little guy is feeling better, and I wish you luck too. Sometimes these things are just as hard on us Mommy's!

Jamie said...

Poor little man!!! It totally sucks when your kids are sick, you feel so completely helpless. Nothing hurts more than to watch your kids in pain.

VegasSage said...

Gosh Ambie, 2nd pix reminds me soooo much of your Mom...ha ha...Aunt Ninny

Things Landon loves

  • Rocky
  • running not walking
  • vienna sausages
  • head butting
  • tooth brushes