Thursday, June 7, 2007

A Trip to Remember

Scott and I took our first trip alone and by alone I mean without our little man to Salt Lake. Can I just say how fun it was to just eat taking our time, drive somewhere without screaming from the back seat, and above all sleep and go anywhere we wanted to when we wanted to go. We honestly didn't even do that much. Sad to say this was the ony picture we took of the entire 4 days. Without Landon it seems we have nothing to take pictures of!
Anyways, we did go see Les Miserables which by the way was awesome. I had already seen the play in New York but it was Scott's first time and he loved it. He's really mad that I get to see it again when I go back in another month with my mom, aunt, and cousin. We are so obsessed with the play we bought the cd and it's all we listen to lately in the car. I even think Landon is beginning to like it- a bit of a change from the Wiggles. We also went to temple square and saw the new movie about the prophet Joseph Smith. Wow what a powereful movie! If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it and just bring some tissues with you, it is a bit of a tear jerker.
So the rest of the time we basically ate and shopped. Why is shopping so much better when you are out of town? I think for some reason you get a false sense of reality that you can spend money you don't have because you are on vacation. Oh well, reality will definetely sink in when we get the credit card bill. Well this little trip is exactly what we needed. All I can think about lately is planning another one. Does that make me a bad mother?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Definitely NOT a bad mom, you are just DYING to see your amazingly wonderful cousin again!!! I'm just happy to oblige you in your need! ;) Sounds like you had a blast and I can't WAIT for our trip...3 more weeks!

Things Landon loves

  • Rocky
  • running not walking
  • vienna sausages
  • head butting
  • tooth brushes